Member: CSOA, CIAC Officials Association
Founded: June 14, 1956
To be voted on at Sept. 7 meeting
Proposed WCSOA By-law changes
1. Section 4: Membership
c. Procedure ... applicant active membership ...
2. Add: An Applicant must be 18 yrs of age or older or a high school graduate.
3. (was 4) Add: An applicant must submit to a background check by CIAC and must be cleared by the CAIC to serve as an official.
4. (was 2) Add: NFHS between “pass the” and “rules”. Add: “if any” after “agility test”.
5. (was3) ... Upon successful completion of the written and ... Add: "any other required” examinations. Each applicant shall be placed on probation for 2 years. During this period, each applicant shall be assigned ... Add: "and officiate” a minimum of 10 games to officiate each year. Add: If an applicant does not officiate a minimum of 10 games each year, the probationary period for that official shall be extended until such applicant completes 3 years of officiating a minimum of 10 games per year.
7. Add new: An individual member is subject to suspension by the WCSOA Executive Board for failure to comply with established regulations of WCSOA and/or CSOA or for any conduct contrary to the best interest of soccer.
2. Section 8 Officers.
a. The Officers shall be ... Change: "1st Vice President”. Add: “2nd Vice President”, Secretary, Treasurer, Commissioner and Official Interpreter.
3. Change: The Association shall meet five (5) times (currently 4) each year.
All meetings will be held at Holy Cross High in Waterbury at 7 p.m.
Other scheduling notes:
Opening date for 2016 season is Fri., Sept. 9.
From the Commissioner:
To all members: please understand clearly that all members must attend an Interpretation Meeting – otherwise you cannot officiate for the 2016 season.
The WCSOA Interpretation Meeting is on Wed., Sept. 7 at Holy Cross H.S. at 7 p.m.
In case for some reason you cannot attend our interpretation meeting, below is a list of the other local boards interpretation meetings that you can attend. Make sure you sign in with that local board's secretary so you will be given credit for attending meeting.
You should get a letter from the other Board and send to WCSOA secretary Lee Lewis ASAP.
2016 State Interpretation Meetings
The on-line 2016 National High School Federation soccer test is now open. ALL members must take the test by Aug. 15.
Below is the 2016 exam, so you can print to review and then go on-line and insert answers. Also included below is the instructions on how to take the test.
Note: One thing that is important to make sure is saved in your profile is that you belong to WCSOA. Without WCSOA listed your numbers are just sent to the state board and not our board.
From the commissioner
The WCSOA executive board has voted to suspend the physical fitness assessment for the 2016 season – there will be no physical fitness test this year. This issue will be discussed at our general membership meeting. Just remember any complaints by schools or brother officials because of lack of keeping up with the play will result in changes to the level of games you will officiate. It is your responsibility to have yourself in shape to officiate to the proper level.
2015 Banquet Awards
The WCSOA held its annual awards banquet Nov. 23 and honored teams and individuals for their service toward high school soccer.
Prep vs. NFHS rules
There are some differences in the rules for prep school and high school (CIAC) games. Go here to review them.
Reporting yellow/red cards
Instructions on reporting cards can be found on the REPORTING CARDS page of this site
Here is information on the annual rules refresher test that ALL members must complete:
Find out which members are on our various committees by going here
Want to join?
Here is how you can become a high school soccer official:
New Membership Instructions 2016
Must be completed
Mail all materials above to:
Angelo Napolitano, 12 Sylvia Lane, Wolcott CT 06705.
Upon receipt of completed application, application fee and CIAC Background Sheet, you will be sent a copy of the soccer rule book.
A field clinic for new and probationary members will be held, date and location TBD.
Contact Angelo Napolitano at:
Joe handles all assignments for matches and can answer questions pertaining to that (and just about anything else)
Other executive board members
Vice president: Gary Watts
Treasurer: Juan Rumino
Secretary: Lee Lewis
Interpreter: Art Hamm